Rösler Pianos

Chiltern Pianos are the exclusive UK distributor for Rösler Pianos offering a range of quality upright and Grand Pianos. 

 

History

Production of Rösler upright and grand pianos dates back to the second half of the 19th century. 1878 is considered the official date when Gustav Rösler founded the company, building in Česká Lípa one of the most significant factories of its kind in the entire Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. After his death in 1891 his wife ran the firm, until in 1899 her brother Ludwig Gatter bought the firm and gradually expanded and modernised it. The firm was represented on the domestic market in all large retailers, and was successful abroad as well. Its sales area included the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Great Britain and South Africa.

The firm developed further after the creation of the Czechoslovak Republic, when L. Gatter’s sons took it over. Rösler instruments were exported to 18 countries. After the Second World War the factory was occupied, with Antonín Duda, a specialist from Dalibor Pianos in Zákolany, being appointed national manager. At that time the company was producing as many as 10 pianos a month. The firm continued to prosper until the February putsch of 1948, when it was nationalised.

Since 1993 Rösler was owned by PETROF, Europe’s leading piano maker.  Today, PETROF produces Rösler pianos finished in their factory to a high standatd.


What people say...

"Very helpful, honest and accommodating. Cannot recommend highly enough. Pricing is excellent."

Diane Malone,